About Good Scents

The cut flower business ended in 2011 but I continue to post other items about gardening.

Friday, June 6, 2008

Bouquets for Friday June 6th

All of a sudden I have lots of flowers! Sweet william, peonies, baptisa, iris, forced lilies, and still a few columbine, trollius, shasta daisies and painted daisies. I used some stems of the ornamental grass Chasmanthium latifolium (Northern Sea Oats) as accents this week, too.



The peony in this first picture is 'Coral Charm' and the dianthus are 'Scarlet' and 'Newport Pink'. The colors of the dianthus don't really come through in this picture, but it looked really great. The lily is 'Black Out'.

I don't know the names of all my peonies but I do know that the big reddish pink one below is 'Mt. St. Helens'




I'm not a very good photographer and I don't know if I ever really do the bouquets justice. I think most of the time they look nicer than the pictures, which I guess is better than the other way around. I was able to put them together quickly which always usually means the flowers all naturally complement each other nicely.

No comments: