About Good Scents

The cut flower business ended in 2011 but I continue to post other items about gardening.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bouquets for Friday June 13th

More new flowers to play with. A few delphiniums have started blooming, yarrow 'Moonshine', Penstemon 'Husker Red', alchemilla, and the first of the field grown (non-forced) lilies. In addition, a few of the bouquets contained mock orange, blue Veronica 'Sightseeing Mix', and peppermint foliage. Some of these I have not written about in detail - I knew this would happen once a lot of flowers started coming in. I will try to identify them in the photographs below.

The pinkish spike in the top center of this bouquet is Penstemon 'Husker Red'. In additon there are lots of peonies, sweet william. a lily and sprigs of alchemilla.



The second bouquet has a purple delphinium - it is 'Aurora Purple', field grown lily 'Salmon Classic', shasta daisies, orange trollius 'Golden Queen', white peonies, and white sweet william.

The last picture shows orange trollius with scarlet sweet william, yellow yarrow 'Moonshine', and a white lily. The spike is a stem of mock orange.

These all turned out pretty well. I know I've said that for the past few weeks but I really have been pretty happy with all the bouquets recently.

No comments: