About Good Scents

The cut flower business ended in 2011 but I continue to post other items about gardening.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Bouquets for Friday July 11, 2008

I really liked the purple and orange bouquets this Friday. The purple in this one is larkspur, an annual relative of delphiniums.

I have shown lots of pictures of red-yellow-orange bouquets this year but these had no white in them. The white really cools them off, these looked really, really HOT.

I made quite a few light blue and pink bouquets like this one. The peonies were harvested more than a month ago and have been waiting in the refridgerator wrapped in plastic.


The pink spikes in this last bouquet are also larkspur. The varigated foliage here is apple mint. It also had some red achillea in it but I don't think you can see it very easily.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.. these are really nice looking. I had no idea you culd harvest peony and then keep them chilled and use them in arrangements later!

Kirk said...

Gerri, you can read how to do it in a post called "Cutting Peonies" from May 11, 2008.