All the bouquets for last Friday contained white, yellow or orange "Emperor" tulips, daffodils, forsythia and yew. Most looked something like this:
In addition to 'Marieke', some other daffodils appeared by Friday. From left to right they were: 'Actea', 'Passionale', 'Ceylon', 'Serola' and 'Barret Browning'.
- 'Actea' is nicely fragrant.
- 'Passionale' is supposed to be pink. What this means is that the cup appears kind of apricot when the flower opens like the one above, and fades so the overall effect is of a cream colored daffodil.
- 'Ceylon' is a particular favorite of mine. The blooms last an exceptionally long time outside. I am not sure if they last longer than other daffodils after being cut.
- 'Serola' is just a pretty daffodil, bright orange cup with yellow.
- 'Barret Browning' quite an old variety but is still popular.