About Good Scents

The cut flower business ended in 2011 but I continue to post other items about gardening.

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Seed Starting Update

Two weeks make a big difference. Here are the same flats of lisianthus, alchemilla and delphinium I showed on February 18th.

The delphiniums really need to be moved to the greenhouse but I'm holding off until after the cold snap we have coming later this week.

Not much is happening with the other seeds so far. After bragging about my success with trollius
last year, my hubris is being repaid with lousy germination this year. So far I have two (2) seedlings to show for the 200 seeds I planted. Even they just appeared last week so hopefully the others will be coming soon. The sea hollies planted on 2/18 and the columbine on 2/20 have not shown up either, but I expected those to take at least 3 weeks.

The bellflowers I started on 2/10 have come up but they still very small - I will include them next time.

No comments: